First step to changing Strata managers
Body Corporate groups should be able to transition to a new Manager without stress. Your Strata or Community titled group of Members can make this change either at the next Annual meeting or by holding your own meeting prior to the AGM due date. Having a meeting before the AGM will give Members the opportunity to decide on management without the stress or awkwardness of attending a meeting at your current Manager’s offices.
If you intend to discuss options for management at your next AGM – consider reaching out to the other unit Owners before the meeting and obtain quotations from other potential Managers. If you do not have your Group member contact details, please ask your current Managers for a copy of the unit Owner list. This upfront discussion will allow the Group to make an informed and collaborative decision on the best fit for your Corporation. This dialogue is especially important for groups where meeting attendance maybe be low. Speaking to Owners and encouraging them to attend the meeting or provide a proxy vote, will be vital to secure a decision and ensure your group doesn’t require a reconvened meeting (at further cost).
Second step to changing Strata managers
If you would like to organise a meeting prior to the AGM, so the decision is made before your current Contract expires, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Find out when your current contract ends (usually this falls around the time of your AGM).
- Get a quote from Stratarama and any other Company you believe may fit your body corporate needs. Where possible speak with the Body Corporate Manager directly to see if they are the right fit.
- Find a unit Owner contact list from your Owners portal, other Owners or the current Managers.
- Use this list to distribute a notice for your EGM (extraordinary general meeting). Your meeting will need an Agenda listing the matters to be discussed and where and when the meeting will be held. The agenda should include confirmation of the last set of minutes, intent to terminate current Managers and appointment of new Managers. The EGM notice must be given to Members with a minimum of 14 days and can called by an Office Bearer (i.e Secretary, Treasurer or Presiding Officer), or two or more management committee members, or by more than 20% of the group Owners.
- At your meeting, pass your motion to terminate the previous management and appoint your new Manager. This motion requires a majority of Owners approval, in person or by proxy.
- Now contact Stratarama (or your new Manager) and ask them to arrange transition from your previous Managers. Relax, let us handle the rest!
Last step to changing Strata managers
Remember if you have any queries, questions or would like us to come out for an informal chat at any stage of the process, please get in touch. We’d be delighted to help.
If your group of units is currently self-managed, the above information will still be relevant to you in calling your meeting and making a decision on management moving forward.
Tip: When considering appointing a Manager for the first time, or changing Managers, reach out and talk to the person who will be managing your group. Make sure you are comfortable with them and that they have the necessary skills to assist you.
The Annual SCA (Strata Community Association) Awards for Excellence on the 17th of November 2023.
Stratarama took home the award for STRATA COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT MEDIUM BUSINESS.
This is the third time consecutively that Stratarama has received this award after taking home the Small Strata Management Business of the Year award at the 2021 and 2022 SCA SA & NT Awards for Excellence. Further, CEO & Body Corporate Manager; Tony Johnson was awarded SA’s Best SENIOR STRATA COMMUNITY MANAGER for 2023.
Tony Johnson has been at the forefront of best practice in the Strata and Community Title management for over 17 years. This was recognised as soon as the Industry began to acknowledge key Strata management people with awards in 2016. At this first Award evening, Tony was recognised as the Strata Manager of the year for South Australia. He followed this up with successive wins in this category in 2017 and 2018. Making him the only three-peat winner of this highly regarded award. These awards would not have been possible without the respect and willing referees who supported Tony’s nominations.
Tony was also fortunate and grateful to be a Finalist in the National awards in the category of Strata Manager of the year in both 2018 & 2019.
In 2017, Tony was awarded the “Professional Commitment to Ethics and Services” award as presented at the awards evening in South Australia. Again in 2018, he received an award for his Essay on education in the Strata Sector in South Australia.
We were fortunate to find STRATARAMA recently and shifted the management of our strata group from other managers to STRATARAMA… The instant improvement has been noticeable! STRATARAMA made shifting companies seamless, and really guided our members through the process… We are looking forward to the continued hands on approach and communication driven service we are receiving… Highly recommend!